Outsourced IT Support: What Are the Risks?
You may have heard the phrase “no risk, no reward,” but with outsourced IT, we like to say, “a little bit of risk and great big HUGE rewards.”
When it comes to IT support, outsourcing can be a great option. You get access to experienced and knowledgeable professionals who understand the ins and outs of your technology and can provide expert advice. A professional team can also save you time, money, and stress by taking on tasks like monitoring your systems or managing backups.
There can be some challenges in the beginning as you adjust to a different kind of IT support, but we’ll get to that. Let’s start with what outsourced IT looks like and how it can help you run your business.
What Do We Mean by Outsourced IT?
You’re probably outsourcing all the time already: packaged foods mean that you’ve outsourced some of your cooking, and shopping online means you’ve outsourced some of your errands.
With IT, outsourcing means that you’re trusting someone else to handle the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities that keep your business up and running smoothly. Outsourcing lets you focus on the bigger picture and gives you access to a team of experts who can provide the tools and resources you need.
Another way to refer to outsourced IT is with the phrase “managed service provider.” An MSP can provide outsourced IT support for services like:
- Monitoring and managing your systems
- Updating software and plugins
- Regularly backing up your data
- Providing expert consulting advice
- Employing new digital technology
- Discounts on hardware and software
- Vendor liaison
- Cloud migration and management
Almost anything you can think of that’s tech-related, outsourced IT support can take care of! It’s like a genie that has infinite wishes—an MSP can do it all.
How Outsourced IT Support Helps Your Business: The Benefits
Outsourced IT isn’t just about having the latest and greatest gadgets; it’s about how technology helps your business run smoothly.
When you outsource IT, you don’t just get access to the best tech; you also gain valuable insights into how to use technology to increase efficiency, productivity, revenue, and profits. Some of the benefits include:
- Secure and reliable IT systems that let you focus on your business. Outsourced IT provides 24/7 monitoring so you can rest easy and focus on running your company.
- Reduced risk of downtime means fewer lost sales, less employee frustration, and a better reputation for your business.
- Reduced costs compared to hiring your own team or paying for IT support in-house, particularly if you’re a small business or startup. One IT employee costs much more than their salary, and one employee can’t cover all that an MSP could.
- Access to the latest tech without having to worry about resources such as training, equipment purchases, and software licensing.
- Streamlined processes that use technology to make everything easier. Instead of spending hours on manual tasks like backups, you can automate your systems with an MSP.
The world of business is constantly changing, and only companies that are also willing to change will succeed in the long run. Outsourced IT support gives you access to the latest tech and provides expert help so that you can focus on running your business instead of getting bogged down in the day-to-day tasks of IT.
What’s the Catch? Challenges You Might Face If You Make the Switch
With outsourced IT support, you’ll need to adjust your communication style and learn how to communicate with a new member of the team. You’ll have to let the MSP know what you need and how you want things done, which can take some time to get used to. But if you do some research and pick a reliable and friendly MSP, you shouldn’t have any problems with communication.
Any new system or software will take time to integrate into your existing systems, even if the MSP is doing all the work. There could be a learning curve as your employees adjust to new systems and processes, which can lead to issues with efficiency in the short term. However, an MSP that’s been in business for a while should know what they’re doing and will provide support and training as needed.
You are letting a third party have access to your private information, and that’s always a risk. But MSPs live for data security—their passion is making sure hackers don’t get past their defenses. They’ll make cybersecurity one of their top priorities and will work with you on an agreement that works for both of you.
Reap the Rewards of Outsourced IT with Common Angle
By working with an MSP that has your best interests in mind, you’ll quickly see that the reward of a strong tech foundation outweighs the risk. With reliable and secure IT systems, you’ll be able to focus on your business and grow without worrying about technology getting in the way.
And to further minimize the risks we mentioned, see if Common Angle is a good fit. Our team of experts is committed to providing the very best in outsourced IT support. We’ll work with you every step of the way to make sure you get the results and benefits you need, so why not give us a shot?
Schedule a consultation to see if outsourced IT support is right for your business!